NOTICE: COVID-19 Preventative Measures
West Herts Crematorium and all its staff are determined to continue to provide a high- quality service at this difficult and challenging time. We have a small team of staff in each department and to ensure we can continue we will be practicing social distancing and preventative measures within the workplace. Please be assured that we have not taken these decisions lightly and that this policy is being put in place to help to protect the public, Funeral Directors and the Crematorium staff – who are vital in the future delivery and operation of the service.
- All funeral services here at the Crematorium are limited to the attendance of 20 mourners in the North Chapel and 20 mourners in the South Chapel
- The Gardens of Remembrance and the Book of Remembrance Chapel are open as usual.
- The Crematorium Office remains closed however cremated remains can be collected from the main office with prior arrangement.
- Please contact the Crematorium if you wish to make an appointment to witness the scattering of cremated remains being held here at the Crematorium.
- As of Monday 8th August all mourners attending funerals here at West Herts will be required to wear a face covering/face mask.
All enquiries can be made on line, by telephone and by email. Please help us and respect our staff at this time.
LATEST NEWS & NOTICES
Annual Open Air Service of Thanksgiving and Remembrance at West Herts Crematorium on Sunday 11th July 2021 at 3pm.
To commemorate the lives of those cremated at Garston.
The service will be led by Ministers and a Humanist Celebrant.
A retiring collection will be taken up on behalf of Rennie Grove Hospice Care.
* Click to view: Full Invitation.
We plan to host our Annual Open Air Service again this year, however this Service may be cancelled at short notice if new Covid-19 restrictions are put in place by the Government, so please check this website for updates nearer the time.
Local Weather Forecast
A new crematorium for West Herts
Public Consultation meeting - Thursday 23 July 2020, from 6.30pm to 8.00pm.
West Herts Joint Committee who run West Herts Crematorium (which is made up from representatives from all the five councils: Watford Borough Council, Dacorum Borough Council, Hertsmere Borough Council, St Albans City and District Council and Three Rivers District Council) is proposing to build a sister crematorium in Hemel Hempstead which will enhance the services provided to a wider catchment area. A virtual public consultation (by zoom) is planned to take place on Thursday 23 July from 6.30pm to 8.00pm where people will have the opportunity to hear from the Design Team about the proposed development and ask any questions that they may have. Read more...