NOTICE: COVID-19 Preventative Measures
West Herts Crematorium and all its staff are determined to continue to provide a high- quality service at this difficult and challenging time. We have a small team of staff in each department and to ensure we can continue we will be practicing social distancing and preventative measures within the workplace. Please be assured that we have not taken these decisions lightly and that this policy is being put in place to help to protect the public, Funeral Directors and the Crematorium staff – who are vital in the future delivery and operation of the service.
- All funeral services here at the Crematorium are limited to the attendance of 20 mourners in the North Chapel and 20 mourners in the South Chapel
- The Gardens of Remembrance and the Book of Remembrance Chapel are open as usual.
- The Crematorium Office remains closed however cremated remains can be collected from the main office with prior arrangement.
- Please contact the Crematorium if you wish to make an appointment to witness the scattering of cremated remains being held here at the Crematorium.
- As of Monday 8th August all mourners attending funerals here at West Herts will be required to wear a face covering/face mask.
All enquiries can be made on line, by telephone and by email. Please help us and respect our staff at this time.