Customer Care Policy
Our commitment to you
- You will receive a quality service provided by competent, caring and professional staff.
- Your enquiries will be treated in a fair and sensitive manner
- We will organise and conduct a cremation in a sympathetic and orderly manner, respecting your need for privacy and dignity.
- We will recognise and fulfil your special needs without discrimination of any kind.
- We will conduct all of our services in accordance with a Code of Practice.
- We will offer you a Book of Remembrance memorial entry, set in the Book of Remembrance chapel where you will be provided with a designated place for your own cut flowers and pot plants.
- We will offer you additional types of memorial for placement in designated areas within the crematorium.
- We will set out our fees clearly and explain them to you if necessary.
- We will provide, on request, a location sheet showing where cremated remains and memorials are situated.
- We will provide, on request, a copy of our grounds maintenance standard.
- We will provide the means for you to make a complaint if you are dissatisfied with the service we provide.
- You will receive a prompt response, in plain language, to any form of communication with our staff together with the reasons for the actions taken by them.
- We will consult regularly with you and our co-providers (funeral directors, ministers, officiators and patient affairs officers) to determine satisfaction levels and encourage comment.
- We will provide details of the outcome of these consultations to local publications together with any actual or planned improvements in our service.
- You may choose the day and time of a cremation service and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- You may choose the type of music and ceremony at the cremation service.
- You may choose a religious or non-religious service.
- You may choose to organise and conduct a cremation without the use of a funeral director and we will be pleased to advise you.
- You may choose the type and design of coffin, subject to prior consultation with us.
- You can request written information about:
- using a funeral director
- our detailed operational service standards
- all known environmental issues relating to cremation services, and
- regulations relating to cremation services
- You may choose to inspect the crematorium at any reasonable time by arrangement.
We set high standards at West Herts, and endeavour to adhere to them at all times. However, I would be most pleased to receive any comments and suggestions that you feel are appropriate. Please ask for a 'Customer satisfaction survey' form to complete and return to me.